Help doctors make more informed decisions about prenatal risk
Accurately assess fetal risk in maternal screenings and improve patient care.
The PRISCA System* uses powerful algorithms to weigh data from multiple healthcare sources and issue a detailed report, giving doctors information necessary to make more complete assessments. PRISCA Shared Database combines data from many labs into a large sample set to help labs identify the most statistically appropriate medians for their PRISCA assessments.
Deliver prenatal risk assessments with more assurance.
Physicians need to know all the risks associated with a patient’s pregnancy prior to making recommendations. The PRISCA System performs numerous risk calculations using various test algorithms and risk factors, enabling doctors to offer the best advice. The PRISCA System combines:
- Normal ranges for different weeks of gestation
- Multiple correction factors based on patient demographics
- Lab test and ultrasound results
- Risk calculation algorithms
- Age-related risks
- Biochemical risks for trisomy 21 and trisomy 18
- Combined risks with nuchal translucency for trisomy 21 and trisomy 18
- Neural tube defect risk assessment
- Patient reports in selectable formats
PRISCA supports a variety of screening protocols, such as the double test in the first trimester and double, triple or quadruple tests in the second trimester, both with or without nuchal translucency.
Identify and use the most statistically appropriate medians.
The PRISCA Shared Database is a statistically based quality assurance system that provides accurate assessment of PRISCA medians. It allows laboratories to track their median values against other laboratories in order to identify and use the most statistically appropriate data. Quarterly reports:
- Compare a lab’s medians with those of peers
- Monitor trends and identify outliers
- Provide an early indicator of biased medians
- Provide new median guidelines for each screening test
When I began offering the test in 2004, physicians started by using the test on their high-risk patients. Then the physicians realized that the results are very accurate and it is a good screening method and they expanded testing to pregnant women of all ages.
Clara Corona de Lau, CEO,
Biomedica de Referencia
Benefit from complete, customized risk assessments with flexible options.
Designed for any sized office and offered in 17 languages, the PRISCA System is highly configurable, giving staff more control over test outcomes. Flexible preferences enable operators to choose from 19 report templates and a user-definable list of referring physicians; to make adjustments for local conditions, including cut off levels and data ranges; and to select center-specific program settings, biochemical medians, user-specified sonographer NT medians,** and center- specific population parameters** for T21 risk calculations.
The PRISCA System also provides powerful features for enhanced security and quality control, including:
- Backup prompt on program termination
- Comprehensive audit trails
- CE certification
- Automatic report archival
- Configurable statistical reports with some predefined reports
*Available outside the U.S. only.
**Available for PRISCA 5