Why is molecular testing important?
Proper molecular testing is critical for Africa, where most patients are treatment naïve. Therefore, they will have a positive response to inexpensive, first-line therapy. If therapy is not managed with adequate testing, patients' HIV will develop resistance quickly – a complication for an already dire situation.
Molecular testing consists of:
- The most effective way for viral load monitoring
- Identification of HIV drug resistant variants
bDNA (branched DNA) analysis:
- Robust way to measure viral load
- No need for amplification of the virus
- No need for separate clean area
- The same high-quality results as those obtained in urban clinical laboratories